Surrogacy is a team effort that comprises various types of specialists to guarantee that your rights are protected and that your process is safely done.
There are many surrogacy requirements and different moving parts when you pursue a surrogacy process in the US, Canada or Europe. However, there are some common surrogacy specialists that you will need to get in contact with during this journey.
Here, you will find more info about all of the professionals you will need for a satisfactory surrogacy, including agencies, lawyers, clinics and more, so you can select the ones that best match with your expectations and needs.
Surrogacy is not a journey you can do alone. You will also need to work with several specialists along the way.
Surrogacy agencies offer most of the required services for a positive surrogacy journey. Several agencies can work with intended parents and surrogate mothers from not only the US and Canada but also all over the world. What to expect?
- Search and find a surrogacy agency.
- Set an initial meeting between the surrogacy agency and the intended parents.
- The surrogacy agency will provide the intended parents with agency documentation, such as agency retainer of services, surrogate profile, estimated global surrogacy cost, and the surrogate mother cost.
- The surrogacy agency will arrange a meeting with their surrogate of IP’s choice. The meeting could be in person, via telephone or via video conference call.
Because of the complex legal regulations involved with surrogacy, it is vital that the surrogate and the intended parents have their own surrogacy attorney. What are the next steps?
- Get in contact with a reputable lawyer specializing in surrogacy to arrange the professional services needed: surrogate representation, Intended Parents representation, escrow/trust account, parentage order, etc.
- Facilitate information to the attorney for drafting the surrogacy contract and the drafting of the parentage order.
- Open an escrow account (if needed).
A psychologist provides the initial evaluation of the surrogate and the intended parents. It is mandatory to be psychologically healthy before starting any medical procedure. What to do?
- Contact an outstanding psychologist to arrange psychological evaluations for your surrogate (and sometimes for the intended parents too).
- Schedule a surrogate visit to the psychologist.
- Get the surrogate’s psychological evaluation.
The last surrogacy specialist you will need to work with is a fertility clinic. They will help you complete the medical screenings and IVF and embryo transfer.
How to proceed
- Find a reputable fertility clinic.
- Establish contact with an IVF Clinic and set an appointment with the medical stuff.
- Provide any type of information that the clinic needs, in order to continue with the IVF process.
- Arrange the surrogate’s visits to the IVF clinic to do the screening and the transfer.
With the right specialists, your surrogacy journey will be more probably to go as easily and be as stress-free as possible.
How to Find the Right Surrogacy Specialist
Now that you know more about the different professionals involved in a surrogacy you need to decide which one is right for you.
It is important to do your own research on each surrogacy provider before you even contact them. You can use online reviews, also you can talk to former surrogates and intended parents and learn about their own experience.
After deciding to interview that specialist, here are some good questions you can ask:
- How long have you been working?
- What services are included in your offer?
- What requirements must your clients meet?
You can also look here for more detailed info about how to find the right surrogacy agency, surrogacy lawyer and fertility clinic.
Your surrogacy professional’s choice will significantly impact your surrogacy journey, so make sure that you find the right professional for you before moving ahead. Work with top professionals to have a successful surrogacy journey!