Surrogates look at intendent parents’ profiles for a connection and a personality.
What should you include in your Intended Parents profile?
Most of intended parents acknowledge that creating a profile is one of the most difficult tasks prior to moving on MysSurrogateMom website but this is a very important task to find a surrogate mother or to find an egg donor because your profile is the first thing a prospective surrogate or egg donor looks at when choosing an intended parent.
Your intended parents profile is that all important first impression for a surrogate or egg donor. If a picture is worth a thousand words then, yours should look like a million. Photos convey images and emotions that words simply can’t. They share stories, create parks and above all build connections.
The photo in your profile should be eye catching and tell a story. It should be original, with high contrast, be clean, crisp and professional looking. This does not mean you need a professional to take your pictures but invest in getting your pictures done right as it will pay off.
Tips for your letter:
- Talk about openness.
- A surrogate or egg donor (if known) wants to hear that you are open to maintaining connections. You don’t need to be specific about type of contact, although you should acknowledge the importance of a child knowing their beginnings.
- Keep it positive, write about something that portrays you in a positive light and brings out the best in you.
- Your life is full of lots of interesting moments and occasions, highlight them in your story
- One of the things most surrogates and egg donors are trying to visualize is what kind of parent you will make and that the child will be growing up in a good home, talk about your family (parent, sisters, brothers, nephews,….) and your vital support.
- Illustrate a story about yourself with photos and avoid generic descriptions.
Tips for your photos:
- Informal photos are better than formal ones: You want to come across as real and relaxed, the kind of person a potential surrogate or egg donor would feel at home with chatting over coffee.
- Outdoor photos are better than indoor ones: Outdoor photos are open and natural looking, and this is the tone you would like to set with a birth mother.
- Close ups are better than long photos: Keep the setting simple and the focus should always be on you.
- Include children and/or pets in your photos.
- Finally, have someone you know review your profile and provide feedback prior to creating your profile.
If you are want to create a surrogacy classified ad, in the following link you will learn how to create successful surrogacy classifieds.